Our Core Values
The core values of our church are those values we hold which form the foundation on which we exist and conduct ourselves. In an ever-changing world, core values are constant. Core values are not descriptions of the work we do or the strategies we employ to accomplish our mission. They are the values that underlie who we are, how we interact with each other, and what we do to fulfill our mission. The following core values came about as a result of a leadership weekend where we sought to describe and define what is central to who we are.
1. We strive to do God’s will in all things, seeking to understand and obey the Word of God, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
2. Biblical teaching is central to who we are as a church. Individual and group study is emphasized and encouraged.
3. We believe in prayer, both individual and united, is essential to our personal and corporate life.
4. We want to be flexible and adaptable in our church life, maintaining attitudes of working together, while holding fast to Biblical truths.
5. We believe in practicing stewardship: we care for what God has blessed us with, individually and corporately. As such, we value life and people before property and material things; therefore we are willing to help people in need.
6. We strive for a friendly, loving atmosphere. We seek to be family oriented: both to individual family units and our broader church family. We are accepting of people, non-judgmental of appearances and believe all are equal before God.
7. We strive to share our faith with others who are willing to hear us. We do so in respectful and non-coercive ways.